Azure Websites is very easy way to get started very fast on creating a website.
Azure subscriptions come with 10 free web sites on shared platform.
It’s currently in a beta phase but atleast for me it has been working perfectly.
So here’s a guide how to get started.
- Login to Azure Dashboard
- Choose websites from left
- Click new from bottom left, choose Quick Create, type in your url and click Create Web Site
- After that your website is up and running
- Now open your website settings from Azure Dashboard by clicking the name of it
- You can use either TFS, Github, FTP or Visual Studio to deploy the website. I chose VS
- Now create your new website project on Visual Studio. Remember tho choose .NET Framework 4
- Choose Internet Application
- Right click your project and choose publish
- Choose import and then browse to the file you downloaded from Azure Dashboard
- Now just click publish
- Enjoy your cool website
About the Author
Teemu is a computer science student at the Aalto University who aspires to become a professional developer. He is involved in the Windows Phone Aalto Community. Currently Teemu is working as a guru at AppCAmpus.